Our project has been in motion since 2020, putting down roots in Pittsburgh as a non-profit and developing our strategy. We recently received grant funding, so we can start to pay full-time staff for the first time!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and make hiring decisions based on merit. We believe that valuing diversity and inclusiveness of as many traits as possible will help us build the strongest possible community and products.
All roles are remote. We are based in Pittsburgh, and our initial work will be focused on making an impact in Pittsburgh. We are interviewing candidates from anywhere in the country, but occasional in-person collaboration is valuable.
Open Position: Lead Python Developer
Work with the founding team of a new non-profit to build open-source software. You will help turn our informal, volunteer-developed proofs of concept into a unified app. This role will shape the future of our product and community.
Apply for this job on LinkedIn or by emailing your resume to [email protected].
- Be the lead software developer on a small non-profit team.
- Work with the Program Director to refine user stories for already-scoped projects.
- Write open-source Python code to support a variety of apps and services.
- Deploy apps for use by the volunteer scraper and data consumption communities.
- Collaboratively develop strategies for scalable, volunteer-friendly scraper architecture.
- Use a front-end framework like Django or Flask to create a front-end UI designed in collaboration with the Program Director.
- Excited about our mission of creating a centralized directory of police data.
- Aligned with the collaborative ethos of open-source software development.
- Proven ability to take a software project from concept to deployment.
- Willingness to experiment and make mistakes in service of creating the best results.
$100,000–135,000 with medical insurance.